Monday, September 17, 2012

Tour Day 13 9-17-12

Today we got up at a decent hour. Mom and Dad awoke around 4:30, and while Amanda was awoken by them and went back to sleep, I snoozed on til 6:30.

We left for our first event, Willowdale Christian School, at about 7:15 am. Dad and Amanda spoke first to 1st - 8th graders, then the younger kids dispersed to their class rooms and Dad did a writer's workshop for the 5th - 8th graders.

Two girls came from a different school to hear Dad talk and get some books signed. Afterward we drove to Pickering Christian School, almost an hour away, but arrived too early.


We went to Tim Horton's for hot chocolate. Yummeh. After chocolate, we went back to the school where Dad and Amanda spoke again. This class was extremely responsive to everything they said, gasping and aah-ing a lot. Mom and I found it terribly amusing. We eventually packed up and made our way to our next hotel, stopping at a Wendy's on the way for dinner.


 I found a piano! Unfortunately it was a bit sticky. All of those keys were out of tune and the top two only tunked. >.>

 The first group



 Second group (just 5th - 8th graders)



 Second school




I tried to get a shot from the door. It was pretty difficult, the class being so large. I think I succeeded.

6 comments:

  1. Hooray, you've been to Timmies! :D
    (Man, you guys wake up early...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! They've got awesome hot chocolate! Eh, I guess. :P Mom and Dad do.

      Delete
  2. Nice catch of your dad's pose on the fourth picture, Hannah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks! He's talking about blowing stuff up with a bomb. :)

      Delete
    2. Nice! That must've been pretty funny. I know I would've been amused. :D

      Delete
  3. Heyy, I was indirectly mentioned in that! :D

    ReplyDelete