Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Tour Day 5 - 9/9/12

(This is Amanda)

We had another easy day this day.  After attending church with our host family we drove up through Michigan and stopped and saw my mom's cousins and aunt who she hasn't seen in a very long time.




All her aunt's children (My mom's cousins) and my aunt were nice (I had never met them before), and we spent some time talking. My mom's aunt is 92, but she still lives in her own home.

We stayed about 1 1/2 hours then headed for Canada.

We drove through a long tunnel, and I tried to get some pictures, but the camera was misbehaving.



Right before we entered.



This tunnel ends right at the border crossing of Canada and the US, that's why it was pretty backed up and the traffic was stop and go.



The GPS stopped working, too, since it couldn't talk to the satellites.






We arrived safely in Canada with no problems at the border crossing. The guard was nice and greeted us in English and French, and we gave him our business cards - he seemed interested that we were authors (They ask you all sorts of questions at the crossing).

When we arrived at the hotel there were 22 boxes of books waiting for us. The Canadian distributor of our books had shipped them ahead for us to pick up. And we had to unpack those boxes and repack them in a certain way that we like and then load them into the van. That took over an hour, but I didn't get any pictures taken because I was busy packing books!   It was an . . . adventure.


1 comment: