Sunday, September 25, 2011

Tour Day Eleven

Day Eleven we had a writing workshop and a drive to Oregon.

At the workshop I got to see a friend of mine Shalana. :) I haven't seen her in years, so it was nice to get a chance to meet up with her again.


After the workshop we got to hang out with a fan and her family. Unfortunately, I managed to not take any pictures! Sorry!

On the drive to Grant's Pass, Oregon, we saw this metal dragon.


And a lot of pretty scenery.


Including Mount Shasta


Yay! Oregon! No sales tax in this state! But they do have full service gas station. Bleah. :P



Once we got to our hotel and were all checked in, we met this guy. He was playing a saw with a violin bow. (See our Day Eleven Video to hear him play it)

And he showed me how to play and let me try it out, too!


It was easy to get a note from the saw, but hard to put them together into a tune.

5 comments:

  1. They've tried to give us sales tax for *years*. Hehe, every so often they bring it up again! Year after year though it's turned down. (phew!)

    Yeah, it's weird to travel out of Oregon and have to pump your own gas. It could be more fun to pump it yourself--if I ever got any practice. As it is it's just a clunky experience!(Doing it myself)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whats wrong with full service gas stations? I work at one, its been around for years (since the Great Depression) and people from all around come to us. They also come to us because we're one of the only stations that has no ethinol gasoline! :) (P.S. its called Flood Oil, in [the Garden of] Eden Wisconsin

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is nothing wrong with full-service gas stations. They're great. The problem is with the government mandating that all stations *must* be full-service. I have a problem with such government interference in free enterprise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you two are having fun here in Oregon. I wish I could see you guys while you are here! You are in Albany tomorrow at Albany Christian School that's cool they will love having you speak there. I'm in Corvallis only 20 minutes or so from Albany. So close yet so far. I'll be praying for you both for blessings and safe travels. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool instrument. :D And it was great seeing you!

    ReplyDelete