Saturday, September 17, 2011

Tour Day Four - Two Schools and driving to New Mexico

This is yesterday's update, but I didn't get to our hotel until 1AM central time, so I'm posting it today.

--
Yesterday's (9/15/11) mileage: 113.6

When I got up at 5:30 this morning, this is what I discovered on our hotel room ceiling.

I wasn't pleased.




We just ignored it as we packed up to leave and headed out towards Prestonwood Academy.

We spoke three times at that school and some kids came and hung out with us in the media center for awhile, asking questions about the books.


After Prestonwood we drove to a homeschool group taking place at someone's house. We spoke there for an hour.

They're a great group, interactive and attentive, the kind of audience we like best!


We had to rush out from that group to head to an interview I had scheduled with Stacy at www.girlsinthestacks.com a blog that reviews books. I think she said her interview with me will be on the site sometime next week. I will post a link here when it's available.


When the interview was done, we drove off into the Texas sunset, heading for Clovis, New Mexico. We have two book signings here tomorrow. We had about an eight hour drive. Our van was burning oil, too, because of all the climbing it had to do. We added about a quart of oil to it around 11:30PM at a gas station stop.



And we finally entered our destination. The land of enchantment. Great place for fantasy writers, right?

1 comment:

  1. Oh! Yes! I know those tree roaches anywhere. I have woken up many times with them on my ceiling. I am so glad I don't live in Texas anymore. :D

    ReplyDelete